The mission of the President’s Commission on the Status of Women (PCSW) is to advocate for the well-being, development, and advancement of all women on Mississippi State University campuses. The Commission actively promotes a safe, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment that is free of harassment and discrimination.
The purposes of the Commission shall be to:
- Advise the President of the University on issues affecting the status and role of women on campus;
- Conduct, sponsor, or encourage appropriate studies regarding the status and role of women at the University;
- Sponsor information and educational programs which serve the best interests of women and the University;
- Serve as an organization representing individual or group concerns of women on campus, in classroom, academic or work settings, and in the community;
- Work with other University organizations in improving the campus climate and condition for women;
- Recognize achievements of women through an annual recognition program;
- Publicize information of interest to women.